[amibroker] Re: The expectation for an H&S

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Yuki Taga <yukitaga@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi DT,
>
> Wednesday, November 19, 2003, 5:37:06 PM, you wrote:
>
> DT> Yuki,
> DT> could you please take a look at
> DT> http://www.chartpatterns.com/headandshoulderscharts_.htm
> DT> and tell me which example matches better to your H&S point of
view?
> DT> We could add some additional Volume conditions to the existing
H&S
> DT> code.
> DT> 1. Do you want the Volume to form a H&S too [like JYC example],
> DT> diminishing [like the BPC example] or something else ?
> DT> 2. Does your picture agree with the volume expansion at the
breakout
> DT> [although it is too late for any action...]
> DT> 3. Should we ask the 3 peaks to be a% higher than the recent
[last 3-
> DT> 6 months] lows
> DT> 4. Any MAs condition as long as the H&S is created
>
> While not jumping up and down and screaming with joy about any of
> these ^_^ I would be most interested in the beans (good vertical
rise
> before the left shoulder, and a great example of volume declining
> even as the head is built -- which is not a requirement in my book,
> but is for sure an alert to what might be coming), and the yen, for
> the same reasons.
>
> The corn is not bad, but I like a bit more run up prior to the
> formation.  I can buy it though.  Light crude, well the volume
> doesn't scream at me.  But again it's there.
>
> To answer your questions:
>
> 1) without volume, it ain't
>
> 2) yes, volume needs to be noticeable at the breakout -- it should
> stand out and be easy to notice, IMO
>
> 3) I've never thought of that, but it sounds good.  Again, I like
> some kind of almost vertical rise going into it.
>
> 4) I don't think so, but sure, in TA the more things you have going
> for you, the more you increase your odds I think.  If these form on
> pullbacks to key MAs, maybe that's a bad sign, but I've never
> researched them that way.  Actually I haven't researched that many
at
> all, because I don't see them too often.  But the ones I see are
> death.  They don't always fail immediately, sometimes they come back
> to that neckline again and again, and get people calling it support.
> But they seem to roll over more often than not, at least the ones
> I've "called" that way.
>
> I hope this helps a little, DT.  But I'm very doubtful this
> translates to "digital" very well.  It seems very "analog" to me.
> ^^_^^
>
> Yuki

Yuki,
thank you for the inputs, IŽll give it a try.
BTW, everything is digital in this turning globe. Democritus knew
that since 400BC. His old teacher Leukippus brought this superb
knowledge from the east mediteranean coast, following his [unknown]
predecessors. There was a young [and smart] student who wrote its PhD
thesis on this subject, 22 centuries later [call him simply Karl Marx]
We do not always have the tools to understand the digital nature, but
it refers to the creators, not to the world itself.
Our emotion seems to be analog, although it is deeply digital and
lost in so many brain circuits details.
Let us see what we can do, perhaps some H&S is coming from the
corner, it is better to know it.
Dimitris

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511