Re: [amibroker] baby and bathwater: Canon?

Yuki,

Your coding skills aren't that shabby if you've coded everything on that chart !  Speaking of which, what is "Vol Needed" in the volume title?

I've been trying to get my arms around volume using StdDev bands, MAs, etc., but have found stuff like the afl version of the TSV pretty good if volume divergence is your thing.

Answering your question with a question.  How's that for gratitude, eh? : )

Kind Regards,
GaryYuki Taga <yukitaga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Anybody have a technical opinion on this puppy?  I am looking for anintermediate (3-4 month) position in here somewhere.  Am I nuts? (Atthe moment I might be, since I'm looking at a falling dagger, but Ihave not taken a position yet.)  But we are fast approaching theAFCSI Zone, (see chart) and I'm beginning to drool a bit.  Thing is,AFCSI is the bottom of a rather clearly defined handle on a ratherclearly defined classic C&H that took about 4 months to form fromvery late '03 through the beginning of the chart you see.  It's notexactly rock-solid looking there, and a violation of that handlemight spark a mini panic.I call this the "Golden Gate" formation. ^_^ The US 'CAJ' does notlook as bad (has not penetrated the 200 SMA there yet, while it hasplunged right through here, the 200 SMA here is now about
 5,065, andwe have sliced that like a hot knife through butter).Fundamentally, this is the company we all want to own anytime theprice is right.  This is a money machine (record quarter after recordquarter), and one of the few Japanese companies that has anythingeven close to US-style ROE (in the low teens, compared with reallyugly single-digit numbers for many others in Japan).  If they madecars, this would be Toyota.Someplace around here, it's a very good buy I think.  But the marketis telling us something.  What I suspect it's telling us is that veryserious hard times may be dead ahead for the dollar.  Canon gets alarge percentage of its profit from North America.BTW, the green bars on the chart are 52-week highs, to give you someperspective about where this has been in the past and over what timeframes.Yuki Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)--------------------------------------------Check group FAQ at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. > ATTACHMENT part 2 image/png name=canon.png
Do you Yahoo!?