[amibroker] Adv/Decl Vol... was RUTVOL timing blah, blah

All,

I presume that reported NASDAQ Tot Vol, Up Vol, Dn Vol relate to
number of shares. If I am wrong then let me know.

If I am right then the following question:

Has anyone here who gets value from the reported volume figures made
any attempt to do a study creating composites for Tot $Vol, $Up Vol &
$Dn Vol, and then substituting the new $ based composites for the old
shares based figures?

I like to 'follow the money'. Clearly Up Vol on 3 million shares of a
.38 cent stock would not be suitable to compare to Up Vol on 3 million
shares of Microsoft.

Just curious if any work has been done on this.

Regards,

Phsst

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "john gibb" <jgibb1@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>
> Thanks for the step-by-step instructions!
>
> Questions:
>
>     1) In place of your !NQ-V, !NQ-AV, and !NQ-DV, I plan on using these
> Esignal counterparts; do they look OK?:
>
>     $TVOLQ    NASDAQ TOTAL VOLUME
>     $UVOLQ    NASDAQ UP VOLUME
>     $DVOLQ    NASDAQ DOWN VOLUME
>
>     2) Could you clarify, in 5.b.,  '...you may want to tailor the
prices to
> open for testing stocks.' (Does that mean you have coded using the Close
> somehow and I need to comment it out?)
>     4) When you say, in 5.f., '...check "add artificial future bar"
if you
> want.' does that mean i can expect different results if I do check
that? If
> so, which results might differ.
>
> -john

Fred was
> kind enough to post via "use filter", or just run it against "all
stocks".
> If you run it against all stocks in database, you may want to add at
least a
> volume filter if not a price filter.  Example
>
> PRICEOK = C > 5;
> VOLOK = MA(V,21) > 500000;
>

> Then modify position score:
>
> PositionScore = 100 - 100 * (Close - LBBand) / (UBBand - LBBand) *
PRICEOK *

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511