<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Steve Davis
  [mailto:sdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 4:18
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
  Portfolio Trading !
  Can
  AmiBroker calculate the advancing and declining volume?
  Or
  does anyone know if it is available from yahoo?

    <FONT face=Tahoma
    size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Gary A. Serkhoshian
    [mailto:serkhoshian777@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003
    3:31 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
    [amibroker] Portfolio Trading !
    Hello back at ya !

    TVOLQ = Foreign("!NQ-V","C"); = NASDAQ
    TOTAL VOLUMEUVOLQ = Foreign("!NQ-AV","C"); =
    NASDAQ ADVANCING VOLUMEDVOLQ
    = Foreign("!NQ-DV","C"); = NASDAQ DECLINING
    VOLUME

    Good luck !

    Gary
    Louw-Roux Coetzer
    <louwcoetzer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq

      Hallo there Garry
      !

      Thanks for the attachment - strangely I was
      about to ask you for something like that... like with all progress, once
      you have something you want, you want the next best thing LOL
      !

      As you might know I trade the JSE (Johannesburg Stock Exchange ), I
      also assume that the RUTVOL system was not designed with our Market in
      mind...however I would still like to test and maybe eaven adjust it if
      possible to also scan and rank my selected shares - I have no such system
      to rank them with ... and it would be a great asset !

      In the code you attached was a the following
      part:
      //*********RUTVOL CALC*********//

      TVOLQ = Foreign("!NQ-V","C");UVOLQ =
      Foreign("!NQ-AV","C");DVOLQ = Foreign("!NQ-DV","C");
      I assume it is referring to some index or something - could you
      please tell me to what the Foreign function is referring to (
      !NQ-V,!NQ-AV,!NQ_DV) so that I can maybe replace it with something similar
      available on our local market if possible...or is it an "Internal
      reference" to something it creates itself !

      Thank you for your patience and kind replies !

      Best regards,

      Louw Coetzer
       Send BUG REPORTS to
      bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
      <A
      group FAQ at: <A
      href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

    Do you Yahoo!?Protect
    your identity with Yahoo! Mail AddressGuard Send BUG REPORTS
    to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
    <A
    group FAQ at: <A
    href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.