[amibroker] Re: The problem of German stock exchangeS

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, uenal.mutlu@xxxx wrote:
> The problem with Germany is that they have too many
> regional stock exchanges. This forces institutionals and
> active traders who need high volume to do their trades
> firstly abroad (mostly US and London), and secondly with
> foreign stocks instead of German.
>
> The whole local trading in Germany is distributed over
> at least the following 9 cities/systems:
>     1) Berlin Stock Exchange (BER)
>     2) Bremen Stock Exchange (BRE)
>     3) Dusseldorf Stock Exchange (DUS)
>     4) Frankfurt Stock Exchange (FRA)
>     5) Hamburg Stock Exchange (HAM)
>     6) Hanover Stock Exchange (HAN)
>     7) Munich Stock Exchange (MUN)
>     8) Stuttgart Stock Exchange (STU)
>     9) XETRA Stock Exchange (GER)
>
> The volume with each is very low (compared to London, Paris, or
Switzerland).
> The XETRA system is a commission ripping system: for each splitted
> order (and by default they mostly will split the order in smaller
ones) one
> has to pay commission!
>
> Because of the low volume at each of these locations, German
exchanges
> are already only 3rd choice for investors and active traders, not
only for
> foreigners but also for German traders and institutionals.
>
> The solution would be to close immediately all regional exchanges
> except Frankfurt and XETRA, and modernize the fee structure of
XETRA.

We can not do many things from here...
Why donīt you post your solution directly to them
mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
to apply ASAP [or, as you write, immediately !!!] and not to loose
any more valuable time.

> As a system tester you should not test your system on data from
these
> exchanges, since they are "not representative", each having low
volume,
> and it would be very difficult to apply the system in real at any
German
> exchange.

I never met such problems whith FrankfurtSE.
With a 0.5% commission everything was cute. Take a look at SaxoBank
brokers, the guys are great.

> (An exception would be perhaps the 30 DAX titles, but a serious
> and active trader needs IMO at least 500 high volume stocks each
> day to pick from.)

I traded one or two at a time. It seems Iīm not that serious...

> The bottom line is: German money is mostly traded at foreign
exchanges,
> not in Germany itself because of the reasons above.
> BTW, it would be not uncommon for this land after realizing these
facts
> that some dumb politicians will come up with paroles of wanting to
> forbid, or make it practically impossible (taxes), investing abroad
at all.

Let me ask you a question:what are you talking about and what for?
Dimitris Tsokakis

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511