Re: [amibroker] Re: ^N225 patterns

Tuesday, November 18, 2003, 1:11:26 AM, you wrote:

F> "The trading system thus developed should be so good that that we as
F> the developers shouldn't need to sell it to make money. It should be
F> more than enough just to apply it with our own money."

F> Bingo ...

So logical.  So true.  Why on this earth would *anyone* want to sell
a successful trading system?  There is no acceptable reason for me.

The only system I would ever contemplate paying for would be one that
was *quite* expensive (I would certainly not expect a truly good
system to be cheap), and one that would come with a money-back
guarantee. And I'm not talking about the cost of the system returned,
but a guarantee on my capital risked. If it's that good, offer the
guarantee. Otherwise, get lost.  That means system sellers are out of
business in my book. But the lazy and gullable continue to be reeled
in.

Now, if I had a great little system I wanted to generate income on
via sales, the only honest way I'd want to sell it is in some kind of
partnership arrangement where I received a percentage of the profits
it generated for some specific period of time at least.  Basically
though, the whole idea of selling systems smacks of foolishness to me
-- mostly foolishness on the buy side.

Yuki

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511