Re: [amibroker] "Random prices" (was Re: Backtest using equity curve)

I naturally disagree :-)
So, you and quanttrader are really saying that
the stock prices are indeed really random?!
So, then why use T/A or AB at all?
Why on hell would anybody invest in random things (except in lotto etc.)?

Ok, here is a practical example: imagine a stock
closed at 25 yesterday. Do you really believe that
the intraday price of this stock today will make
random moves between 0 and say 50 ?
Intraday it will move around 25, but will definitely not make
fe. something like the following: 25, 1, 50, 25, 10, 40, 0, 1, 50
If this practically is not possible with this stock then
it definitely is not random. IMHO a basic fact.