[amibroker] Re: Visible bars

Personally I've never found a need to see anything below the
thousands in volume a la ...

Thousands = Volume / 1000;

Plot(MA(Thousands, 21), "21 SMA (Thousands)",       colorRed,
styleLine | styleThick);
Plot(Thousands,         "Volume (Thousands)", colorLightBlue,
styleHistogram | styleThick);

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Gary A. Serkhoshian"
<serkhoshian777@xxxx> wrote:
> William,
>
> The problem with the code below is that once HigestVisible > 999999
then all the following bars that are visible get divided by 1000,
too.  If you look at the histogram this gives you a graph that is
unreadable.

> If you are just trying to make the larger volume number more
readable just use the following code, and thanks by the way for
bringing up the barsvisible question which I needed to get my arms
around.

> Code below.
>
> Regards,
> Gary
>

> AdjVol = IIf(V > 999999, V/1000,V);
>
> Needadj = V > 999999;
>
> Plot(V,"Volume",colorBrightGreen,styleHistogram+styleThick);
>
> Title = "Volume: " + NumToStr(AdjVol,5.0) + " " + WriteIf
(Needadj,"(x 1000)","");

> William Peters <williampeters@xxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Gary and Herman,
>
> Below is my attempt at a custom volume indicator the intended
function of which is quite simply as follows:
> If there are any visible volume bars over 999999 then format ALL
visible volume bars as V/1000 otherwise leave as V.

> At the moment it doesn't work correctly when you scroll to the far
right of a chart. Any insights appreciated.

> BarVisible = Status( "barvisible" );
> HighestVisible = Highest(IIf(BarVisible,V,0));
>
> /* If the highest visible volume bar is greater then 999999 then
volume should be expressed as V/1000 otherwise express volume as V */
> AdjVol = IIf(HighestVisible > 999999,V/1000,V);
>
> TitleText = WriteIf(HighestVisible > 999999, " ( x1000 )", "" );
> Title = "Volume: " + WriteVal(AdjVol , 1.0) + TitleText;
> Plot( AdjVol , "Vol", colorCustom4, styleHistogram + styleThick );
>

> Many thanks,
> William Peters
> www.amitools.com

only the visible bars in the chart pane. So for example I may need to
determine the HHV of the visible bars.
> I'm sure someone wrote an indicator which was using a similar
procedure some time ago but can't locate it. Any help/suggestions
much appreciated.

> Many thanks,
> William Peters
> www.amitools.com