[amibroker] Re: Getting Some Signals Into AB for plotting

Ken - this one is easy if I'm assuming correctly that you are
producing AFL code.  As soon as I can figure out how to use an
attachment on Yahoo, I'll post something that may be more interesting
and more automated.

If you want to fix your code issue, use -

Sshort = 0;
Sshort = IIf(DateNum()==900926, Sshort+1, Sshort);

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxx> wrote:
> I have an excel file of some signals that I want to get into AB for
> plotting and comparisons to AB code generated signals.
>
> I have data in this format:
>
> 9/26/1990	Short
> 11/2/1990	Cover
> 11/2/1990	Buy
> 1/31/1991	Sell
> 2/11/1991	Buy
> 6/21/1991	Sell
> 6/21/1991	Short
> 7/16/1991	Cover
> 7/16/1991	Buy
> 11/25/1991	Sell
> 11/25/1991	Short
>
> Some fancy Excel footwork on my part allowed me to introduce
statements
> like this:
>
> Sshort=IIF(DateNum()==900926,1,0);
> Scover=IIF(DateNum()==901102,1,0);
> Sbuy=IIF(DateNum()==901102,1,0);
> Ssell=IIF(DateNum()==910131,1,0);
> Sbuy=IIF(DateNum()==910211,1,0);
> Ssell=IIF(DateNum()==910621,1,0);
> Sshort=IIF(DateNum()==910621,1,0);
> Scover=IIF(DateNum()==910716,1,0);
> Sbuy=IIF(DateNum()==910716,1,0);
> Ssell=IIF(DateNum()==911125,1,0);
> Sshort=IIF(DateNum()==911125,1,0);
>
> I had to get this far to realize that the last Sshort statement
would
> replace the Sshort array from previous statements, in other words,
I am

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511