[amibroker] Re: Backtest using equity curve

Hi Herman, Glenn:

I did some studies on this idea about a year ago with futures data.
For example, as Glenn suggested, "No new entries if a closed trade
crosses below a moving average of the equity curve and re-enter when
a closed trade crosses above the moving average." Interstingly I
found one potential problem to be that you would miss out on the
winning trades that were carrying the equity back over its MA and
would trigger you to start taking your system trades again. Without
equity feedback, those trades add to your bottomline and make a big
difference i found. However, you are always taking the trades that
take you back under the equity curve. This is certainly an
interesting approach and requires further study perhaps with other
data sets.

Tomasz: Thanks a lot for the portfolio backtester..its amazing..look
forward to seeing the pyramiding feature implemented in the future
hopefully

best regards to all

using  and found that one potential problem with using equity curve
to start/stop your system

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman vandenBergen"

Service.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511