[amibroker] Re: Trading mutual funds...

On this I am in complete agreement ...

Anyone with a spare $100 laying around who has the slightest
inclination to do anything with mf's I would point at the FT-Talk
forum.  It used to be free but to keep the riff-raff out they put a
nominal fee on it.  There are more decent openly posted systems
there for trading mf's then probably most other places combined.
Lot's of people who contribute there run there own independent forums
and have their own fee for services & products.  Once one has a clue
what Trade is, Dexter's site that I pointed at previously has 100's
if not 1000's of Trade systems and other doc that have been built
over the last 5-10 years primarily by those that frequent FT-Talk.

I had suggested eons ago that it would be very nice if some who are
fluent in Trade and are also AB'ers and have converted some of the
better Trade scripts to AFL would post them here and I think some
have, but not many.  There is an AB section at FT-Talk but it doesn't
get nearly as much traffic of course as the amount of traffic here as
by and large most of the old timers there ( scuse the pun ) are still
into FastTrack & Trade.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Gary A. Serkhoshian"
<serkhoshian777@xxxx> wrote:

> Hi Fred,
>

> What I mean is if you are just starting in trading and tech
analysis, and you grow-up in the Tradestation community exclusively
as I did, you become influenced by the belief that adding complexity
is better, mutual fund trading is for sissies, and stock selection is
something driven by stock specific systems not selection methods to
compliment market timing signals.  I know you've subscribed to the
Omega list at some point.  It's 99% garbage, but if you don't know
any better you think it's filet mignon.  I've learned more on this
list in the past 3 months than I have of 3 years monitoring that list
among other tradestation related lists.

> Try downloading any .ela from tradestation's website and trade it
as is.  You won't because it will not make you money.  Now go trade
the RUTVOL off the shelf that the FastTrack world generated among
other good signals.  It wouldn't make you $1 million overnight, but
it'll pay bills.

> You already know all this, but you were lucky to get your sea legs
before learning Tradestation.  Unfortunately, I had the blinders on
until recently.  I'm supposed to chill out this weekend, but I'm
trying to make up for lost time.

> GS
>

> Fred <fctonetti@xxxx> wrote:
> Gary,
>
> A tool is a tool is a tool.  I too have come from a TS background
and
> prior to that I wrote a variety of my own stuff to run on
mainframes
> and midrange hardware.  The tools are of course great and clearly
> some are better than others and which are which will depend to a
> large degree on the yardsticks one uses.  IMHO it's not the tool
> that's poisonous, it's simply a tool.
>
> Fred
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Gary A. Serkhoshian"
> <serkhoshian777@xxxx> wrote:
> > Bruce,
> >
> > Look forward to your posts.
> >

> > For all of you that think mutual fund trading is for widows and
> orphans, better keep an eye out for Bruce's posts as he was the one
> who uncluttered my mind from years of being poisoned and
unprofitable
> in the Tradestation world.
> >

> > As a good Southern preacher would say:       I have been
HEALED !!!

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511