RE: [amibroker] Re: help!!!!!

Rather than throw around words that in the end just get everyone riled and
ends in a lose-lose situation, much easier to provide positive responses.
Suggestions to try
1. Put in words what you want to achieve in your
exploration/scan/backtest/indicator. Forget about just recycling some other
code from a charting trojan, create it from new.
2. Go through the AFL list and the tutorial sections of the help screens and
check the AFL library for possible ready-made solutions. Or similar to what
you are wanting. I have done this exercise when I started using AB about 18
months ago and all through this time when I ventured into new territory, and
I had no previous experience in charting type codes except to stare at the
hyroglyphics used by others with trojan charting packages.
3. Then have a go at it. If you get stuck ask here. When starting out it
does seem arse up as computer logic is often in reverse to human logic, just
my impression. I tend to let my mind go blank and try to envisage walking
backwards through a cow paddock with my eyes closed wearing my best shoes
and clothes. Another way is to try and think like a pimply faced 15 year old
kid as after all I get the impression most of the software is produced by
them. I mean what relationship can the word "excel" have with a spreadsheet
package, certainly nothing related to the developers of it. Sorry TJ, yours
is one of the few packages that actually does work, guess that makes you
over 20 :)

Now after all the BS I cannot even remember what the original question was,
have deleted the emails already today.

Cheers,
Graham
http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading