RE: [amibroker] MAE and MFE Interpretations

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Ken,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I know
you were looking for some sort of "personal" interpretation, but I don't see any
forthcoming.   This is also the second request by someone in this
group (perhaps it was you both times?) for such information.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I sat
down to give you a bit of an answer, but found myself refering to an article
that I had read previously.   Fortunately, that article is still
online at:  <A
href="">http://www.tradefutures.com/active.htm
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Have a
look at it and perhaps you may have some specific questions that I or someone
else here can answer.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I can
tell you that I frequently use MAE to give me an idea if my "buy" signals are
any good.   If a high percentage of them are going deep into loss
situations (even though I may end up with a profit) than my entry method
sucks!
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I also
like to see that I'm getting about 95% of potential profits out of my
trades.   If I'm averaging 3% return on my trades but most of them
have an MFE of 15%, then I'm giving up too much of the profit before exiting my
trades.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I hope
this helps.
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Ken Close
  [mailto:closeks@xxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2003 9:17
  PMTo: AmiBroker ListSubject: [amibroker] MAE and MFE
  InterpretationsCan someone with experience with these
  measure give me (and probablysome others), a little mini training session
  on what to look for inthese graphs. What is a "good" graph?  What is
  a "bad" graph? And whatdoes "good" and "bad" mean in this
  context.I've read the definitions at several sites, but some
  interpretation, espin terms of the way Tomasz has chosen to display the
  terms, would reallybe
  helpful.Anybody?KenSend
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.