RE: [amibroker] Help on automating optimization (genetic algorithms)

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>You can optimize using for() loops and examples of this method
have been posted on the list. This would allow you to optimize one parameter
first in the first loop-optimization and then go on the the next
loop-optimization using the result of the first loop-optimization in your
calculations. This way you will save lots of time and you can optimize an
unlimited number of parameters without looking at billions of
iterations.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>happy tinkering,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>herman.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Gary A. Serkhoshian
  [mailto:serkhoshian777@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: November 13, 2003 7:00
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Help
  on automating optimization (genetic algorithms)
  Hi all,

  I should preface this e-mail by saying that I'm not trying to create a
  Rube Goldberg as I can go through the process ourlined below manually.
  So, if what I'm suggesting requires a Rube Goldberg type solution let me know,
  and I'll let it go.

  Essentially what I'm doing with optimizations over multiple variables is
  prioritizing variables on importance, and optimizing one variable at a time
  leaving the others static.  I just keep iterating through all the
  variables until things stabilize in terms of standard measures.  The
  cocktail party term is genetic algorithms, but between us it's necesary as
  optimizing over multiple variables (4+)  will either take too long or
  worse cause AmiBroker to crash due to memory issues.

  Here's the punchline.  Can you all give some input on ways to
  program this in afl so as to automate the process outlined above rather
  than me manually iterating through as it is labor intensive.

  Many thanks,
  Gary

  Do you Yahoo!?Protect
  your identity with Yahoo! Mail AddressGuard Send BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.