Re: [amibroker] Re: Yahoo data changed?

Hi Richard,

Wednesday, November 12, 2003, 12:56:25 AM, you wrote:

RH> Yuki;   Although I use eSignal,  I do use Yahoo realtime for otherthings.
RH> So you do have the correct symbols, as I use them.  They should work (as if
RH> you didn't know that).

RH> I assume you've tried deleting the symbols, and reloading.  Or trying them
RH> is a new database, as a simple sanity check?

Thanks for chipping in.

After about a week of trouble, suddenly for no apparent reason, it
started working again last night (or it worked for at least one
update, anyway).  All the volume problems I'd had on several indices
were fixed, and the database was apparently completely current
through 11/10.

Here is part of what TJ had to say about it when I told him things
were working again:

TJ> This is yet another example of sometimes strange behaviour of
Yahoo servers. I am not too much surprised. Yahoo has huge
infrastructure. What we see as a web page at finance.yahoo.com or
www.yahoo.com is in fact a large set of servers and web caches
spreading out the traffic among each other. They are using complex
load-balancing schemes and deliver huge amounts of data so sometimes
one or two bits fail. Re-try is the only answer in such cases.

Of course, I had be re-trying for about a week.  ^^_^^  TJ even
speculated that my connection may be too fast for Yahoo!, at least at
certain times.

Yuki

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511