[amibroker] Re: On Robustness, Post #1 : P.S. (Gary)

Excellent sites, BTW, for those interested in the quantitative risk
management.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Gary A. Serkhoshian"
<serkhoshian777@xxxx> wrote:

> Mark,
>
> Thanks for pointing me in the right direction re Kovner and Caxton.
 It wasn't easy to find info on Caxton, but did find quite a few
articles by Bary Schachter (Caxton Corp) on Stress Testing.  His
comment below really struck me, and is essentially what you and Fred
have alluded to.

> http://www.erisk.com/LearningCenter/Jigsaw/market_schacter.asp
>
> Stress Testing
> Barry Schachter of Caxton Corporation and Gloria Mundi
>
> Technology is making it easy to construct bad stress tests.
Off-the-shelf risk management software comes with (relatively)
easy-to-use graphical user interfaces for tweaking rates and prices.
While it's a boon to have the ability to respond quickly when
constructing stress scenarios in response to rapidly changing
conditions, velocity is no substitute for perspicacity. Stress testing
demands a serious commitment of the right kind of resources, and
because of this need we may see that firms begin to outsource stress
test construction.

> For those not familiar, I found www.gloriamundi.org to be a good
resource.  www.erisk.com also carries a lot of Schachter's writings.
I've attached one article I found helpful by Schachter entitled
"Stress Testing for Fun and Profit".

> Mark, thanks for the patience, and I guess I'll go find my overalls
and try again to get my arms around your criteria.  The more I learn,
the more I realize there is still a lot I don't know.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511