RE: [amibroker] Re: AmiBroker vs Wealth-Lab

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Graham...
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Did I
miss something?   I'm assuming that Fred was talking about the cost of
the respective software and I happen to agree.   I own all of
the software mentioned, although I only use AmiBroker.   But I
would pay more for software that makes me more money, without
hesitation.   As to how much more I would pay... it's a bit
subjective.
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Graham
  [mailto:gkavanagh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003
  6:23 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
  [amibroker] Re: AmiBroker vs Wealth-LabFred, you
  outdo yourself with this statement "I think given what most usetools like
  AmiBroker, TradeStation, WealthLab or MetaStock for that comparison based
  on price is NOT terriblyusefull"What else is there not based on
  price, News?Cheers,Graham<A
  href="">http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading<A
  href="">http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia
  -----Original Message-----From: Fred [mailto:fctonetti@xxxxxxxxx]
  Sent: Tuesday, 11 November 2003 4:15 AMTo:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re: AmiBroker vs
  Wealth-LabI think given what most use tools like AmiBroker,
  TradeStation, WealthLab or MetaStock for that comparison based on price is
  NOT terribly usefull.  However, I would also say that an objective
  look at the above and other products would bring AB to the top of the list
  on a purely feature, function and service basis.--- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxx>
  wrote:> Hello,> > I would not dig into detail but you
  can download trial of bothprograms and> compare by yourself. Please
  note that AmiBroker beta versions(available> for registered users
  only, feature full portfolio-level backtestingand rotational systems
  too,> plus optimization on portfolio level)> > And prices
  speak for themselves:> > - $129 for AmiBroker (built-in
  composites support)> - $750 WealthLab ( $650 WL + IndexLab ($100)
  required to build yourown composites)> > > Best
  regards,> Tomasz Janeczko> amibroker.com> ----- Original
  Message -----> From: "seneca_kw" <wellswellskw@xxxx>> To:
  <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003 4:44
  AM> Subject: [amibroker] AmiBroker vs Wealth-Lab> >
  > > I enoyed the recent informative thread on AmiBroker vs
  Metastock.> > I'd appreciate a similar comparison with
  Wealth-Lab.  I searched the > > archive but found no
  mention of WL.> > > > I'm not expecting a point-by-point
  rundown, but for those whohave > > tried both, is there one
  feature or another that really was a> > difference maker?>
  > > > Thanks,> > Wayne> > > >
  bugs@xxxx> > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx> >

  ---------------------~--> BuyInk Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP,
  Epson, Canon or Lexmark Printerat MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or
  more to the US & Canada.<A
  href="">http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511<A
  href="">http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/GHeqlB/TM---------------------------------------------------------------------~->Send
  group FAQ at:<A
  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to <A
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
  Send
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.