[amibroker] Re: Historical trendlines

Ed,
the first example
/*HISTORICAL TRENDLINES and BREAKOUTS*/
is for the price chart.
The second
/*HISTORICAL TRENDLINES and BREAKOUTS for INDICATORS*/
is for indicators [RSI is the specific example].
Both are for Ind. builder use.
Paste them into two separate panes and then, move your cursor to the
left to see the historical trendlines for price and for RSI.

Dimitris Tsokakis

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ed" <reach1136@xxxx> wrote:
> [...]
> exapmple in the Indicator Builder , and if so, where do we use the
> first example?
>
> As always, thanks for your great afls.
>
> Ed
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "quanttrader714"
> <quanttrader714@xxxx> wrote:
> > DT,
> >
> > Agree completely on the math *not* being easy, but never meant to
> > imply that approaches that are not robust should necessarily be
> > avoided.  I was asked to present my criteria for robustness which
> just
> > so happens to be what my trading style is converging on as I
travel
> > through time at the speed of light (of course minus adjustment for
> > movement).
> >
> > Mark
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS"
> <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > Jayson,
> > > I will not agree at all.
> > > Looking at the math is not easy.
> > > The reason is simple, when the maths are applied.
> > > I was in front of a pure symmetrical converging trendlines
> > formation
> > > two days ago in Light Crude RSI.
> > > The maths equally anticipate the bullish or bearish breakout,
> since
> > > we were only 1 bar before the fact [far from the office now, can
> > not
> > > post the gif...]
> > > I was waiting, thinking and checking an ocean of parameters
> without
> > > any "robust" output.
> > > We talked that much these days for robust solutions and, if I'm
> not
> > > wrong, there was a spirit to avoid following anything not
robust.
> > > Life is different, Crude oil is tough, the symmetric wedge was
> > there,
> > > it was more than real, it was fully formated and 1 bar before
the
> > > unavoidable breakout. This is the real thing, you can not turn
> the
> > > face to reality and search for safe places, there are no safe
> > corners
> > > in the market, you should be there to make or to break, just
like
> > > binary  PMPB switch [push-to-make-push-to-break].
> > > Now I know that it was 70% emotional/30% technical to select the
> > Long
> > > side. The next day was great, oil was going higher and higher,
> > > everybody was speaking for the great news, many "analysts" were
> > > talking and talking with the words "after", "because", and
> similar
> > > silly things. I was on the right side, BUT, I know it was ONLY
> 30%
> > > technical and I was not talking to anybody and I didn't want to
> > talk
> > > to anybody.
> > > CSCO parallel breakout was more accessible I think.

(C,trendlineR);

> > > recent

(s1,trendlineR);
(trendlineS,s1);