RE: [amibroker] Re: Prosizer Followup

Hello,

            Cell
C4 of the ProSizer has a title: “margin or cost per lot $”, by
using this value, one can easily ‘normalize’ the transaction by
using a fixed dollar positionsize in AB. For example, positionsize = 10000;
then enter this 10000 in cell C4. Of course, you will need to find ways to
calculate ‘risk’ and ‘volatility’ for using this
approach.

            There
is no need to fill in all 3 entry columns. ‘profit’ column is the
only one you need, but then you can not explore more advanced position sizing
capabilities. With only ‘profit’ column entered, you can explore fixed%
equity and fixed ratio. You can not play on fixed % of equity as well as volatility
% of equity.

            Personally,
I think cell J13 (%ruined) is a very good measure both for system performance
as well as personal tolerance to the user definable RUIN.

            Unfortunately,
it is for single issue. When TJ formally introduces MCS (I believe it will be
flexible enough to cover so many possible applications), AB rocks!

Thomas