[amibroker] Re: New Variable Class

yes not a main problem, just a little deception, because I did
believe that I could optimize on composite but it is not the case
because as you said the result is aligned with the shortest history
of the younger stock

ex
period=Optimize("pds",10,10,30,1);
function Composite( listnum )
{
list = GetCategorySymbols( categoryWatchlist, listnum );
Average = 0;f=0;
for( i = 0; ( sym = StrExtract( list, i ) ) != ""; i++ )
{
SetForeign(sym,True,True);
f=IIf(MFI(14)>50,1,-1);
Average = Average + f;
}
return Average ;
}

Plot( Composite(1), "MeanRSI", colorPink );

Buy=Cross(CCIa(C,14),0) AND Composite(1)>0;
Sell=ExRemSpan(Ref(Buy,-3),3);
> Stephane,
> My greenglish are not better [!]
> On the subject now, I always use composites in aligned database and
> didn´t know this. I think it is not a main problem...
> Dimitris Tsokakis
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Stephane Carrasset"
> <nenapacwanfr@xxxx> wrote:
> > Sorry for my frenglish
> > yes that's exactly what i mean
> > -->GetCategory function will give an output ONLY for the dates
> > > of the younger stock
> >

> > > Anthony,
> > > If you have, in the same group, stocks with different starting
> > date,
> > > then the GetCategory function will give an output ONLY for the
> > dates
> > > of the younger stock. Perhaps this is the meaning of Stephane´s
> > > comment...
> > > Dimitris Tsokakis
> > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Anthony Faragasso"
> > <ajf1111@xxxx>