[amibroker] Re: Robustness Challenge Update

Mark,

I seem to be participating more than most which I at least find to be
a little strange.  One of the probs for some will be the need to find
and install a decent MCS product.  Some won't want to spend the $,
some won't want to spend the time etc.  By the way Alex Matulich has
a product in this area for I think about $37 that midgt fill the bill
for those who are interested but don't want to go for a more in depth
product.

Beyond that though as I stated at the beginning, I have no particular
interest in the last couple of steps you outlined i.e. publication
and real account trading.

In my case I can't even say that I have a great data vendor for
stocks because as I've stated previously I don't really trade stocks.

That aside for a minute, I have suggestion which may be a little off
the wall but I'll put it out there any way.  Since you've obviously
been doing this for some time, how 'bout starting the group off with
a little system that although you might consider to be robust even if
only marginally is also something that you don't actually use for
trading any more.  This would at least allow some to go through the
process with something that at least sort of works so they can
proceed from there.

Just an idea ...

Fred

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "quanttrader714"
<quanttrader714@xxxx> wrote:
> Now that I've posted the criteria, I feel we've had some good
> discussions but frankly don't see enough interest out there to
provide
> the effort it would take to refine the criteria or even use as is,
> develop some robust systems, write a trading plan, iron the bugs out
> in simulated trading and then trade in real time with real money.
I'm