Re: [amibroker] Re: On Robustness, Post #2

I would say that the following formula which was posted
some weeks ago to the ABtool group is a much better
measure for system efficiency:

pExpectancyRate =
  pWinRate * pProfitRate / (pWinRate * pProfitRate
                                      +  (1 - pWinRate) * (1 - pProfitRate))
where
  pWinRate   = (NbrOfWinTrades + NbrOfEvenTrades / 2) / NbrOfTotalTrades
  pProfitRate = SumOfWins / (SumOfWins + SumOfLosses)
  (The sums are absolute values (ie. positive numbers))

Both the WinRate (0..1) and the ProfitRate (0..1) of the
system is already counted in the formula.
The result is between 0...1 (multiply by 100 to get a percent value).
Of course the more trades the more accurate the results.

An ideal system or strategy would have the following characteristics:
ER = (1 * 1) / (1 * 1 + (1 - 1) * (1 - 1)) = 1.0
That is: an ideal system makes only winning trades, therefore has ER=1.0
ie. 100%

A real example:
The system xxSys005 has the following data:
pWinRate = 0.64
pProfitRate = 0.82
ER = (0.64 * 0.82) / (0.64 * 0.82 + (1 - 0.64) * (1 - 0.82)) = 0.89
That means: this system makes up 89% of an ideal system.

UM