[amibroker] Re: Managing drawdowns (was % channels)

Neither of these is a technique I'd put $.02 on, quite easily
demonstrated by bootstrapping representative trades while applying
them.  Every time I mention simulation everyones' eyes glaze over, but
if you're not using it for position sizing or money management or
whatever you want to call it, you're flying blind.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "palsanand" <palsanand@xxxx> wrote:
> Dave,
>
> There is a good link I came across:
>
> http://www.arbtrading.com/moneymanagement.htm
>
> I like the Anti-Martingale and Martingale (doubling up) systems to
> manage drawdowns.  I would use a combination of these systems, so
> that when I'm losing money I would use Martingale system and when
I'm
> finally making money with the final position, I would be
> automatically switched over to Anti-Martingale system, but may most
> likely exit losing positions at break-even price.  I would double
up
> only when I get stronger signals verfied by OB/OS conditions in the
> subsequent session, so that my system of using 3BSMA for the next
> session is temporarily suspended.  It does take usually about 3
days
> for a trend-change to fully develop.  I would not double up beyond
3
> consecutive days, because if you are wrong 4 times in a row, most
> likely the market is starting a new trend in the opposite direction
> and will go against you and so better to exit.  I have done this
many
> times, as I find it impossible to optimize my entry points.  But
the
> safest course is to wait for the actual Trend-change signal
verified
> by OB/OS conditions, then you may never have to double up but you
may
> miss some signals.  This may sound crazy for some but it does seem
> work for me especially with the AFL pivot points to predict the
Next

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511