[amibroker] Re: HISTORICAL TRENDLINES and BREAKOUTS

Dimitris,

Yes, I had NOT missed the unique feature of your code related to
moving the cursor and watching the trendlines move and adjust to the
new period.

I have now had a chance to look at all of the explores and graphics
that your generous work has produced, and I should tell you that all
of your work looks like it has potential for developing trading systems.

But I'll share with you the area that is the most interest to me, and
consequently, the area that I'll be focusing upon for the near future:

Your Trendline Support Explore using Coefficients.  This explore is
showing the most promise for my research, for reasons that I might not
have articulated before.

If you will look at the QQQ chart... you will notice that we have had
multiple 'touches' on the lower trendline over the past months. IN
ADDITION, the upper trendline has a very similar slope, rate of change
and 'touches' indicating very good potential for 'channel' trades on
both the long and short sides.

An explore tonight using your Trendline Support with Coefficients
against my QP2 database 'Top 600' watchlist (these 600 stocks account
for about 80% of the dollar volume of trading in the US markets)
revealed 30 potential setups... of which LNCR, MWD, RD, SBUX & TOL
were of particular interest because of the 'channel' characteristics.
But none of these had a closing price that was close enough the
support line for me, thus I might consider placing buy limit orders on
these 'AT' the support line level.

I'll be altering your 'coefficient' version of explore to look for the
following additions characteristics:

. a matching upper and lower trendline forming a channel
. filtering for issues at both 'resistance' and 'support'

Then, after the explore is picking the right candidates, I'll convert
it to a backtest and see how effective it really is.

I thought you might appreciate this feedback.

Stay tuned...

Regards, (and thank you very much for your contributions)

Phsst

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511