Re: [amibroker] /*Breakout ROC*/

Dimitris,

Let us suppose I decide to utilize your automatic trendline
formula as an indicator in an automatic trading alert; the actual trades being
initiated at the second close in excess of the relevant S or R line: this second
close may be more elaborately defined OHLC > S or R.

As I have never coded this, I do not pretend to know enough to
begin. Is this something you have published that can be combined?

Since the various stock index futures have the diversification
(homogenization) to effect price stability, relatively free of gaps and gap type
prolonged excesses, I elect the ticker ES Z3. In order to view more trendlines I
change your per = 3 to either per=0.3 or even per = 0.03.

Would you propose any way of making this per adjustment more
realistic or systematic?  Or is the eyeball preference sufficient? I do not
require a specific time per trade or amount. It just appeals to me as an avenue
of mechanics applied to what has been left to discretion and the fancy of
personal preference in the past.

II. This is fascinating work you are doing lately, especially
this approach to trendline drawing.  I have been most pleased with your
RSIMACD II, but lately have seen deterioration in results due, I believe, to the
upwardly slanted (manipulated?) corrective behavior, that would long ago have
resolved itself into the normal succession of direction followed subsequently by
correction so typical of markets much of the time where ATR is sufficient to
produce substantial profit trading OB OS.

Sincerely,

Michael Robb
<BLOCKQUOTE