RE: [amibroker] Re: To the grail-less team [2]

Here is one I found but it not exactly like the code I have used.

http://www.arbtrading.com/expansionpivots.htm

The system comes from a published book so is probably considered
proprietary (to book owners).  Nonetheless, the public site offers some
perspective.  In the code you will see, determining the breakout comes
from using ATR.  My approach (learned I believe from the TC2000 users
group) does not use ATR but rather tries to capture a very tight range.
Your parallel trendlines, with the ability to specify very narrow space
between them, would be the best way I have seen to capture
this---something normally that requires a subjective eyeball.

In TC2000 I write a formula which searches for the RANGE of each of the
last 9 days to be less than the RANGE for today.  It was the "best"
formula for screening in TC2000 but was not that good.  Many times the
Range conditions could be met but the price candles would climb up
sometimes steeply, but with a small range.  What you want is horizontal
low ranges---thus your parallel trendlines may help this system come
alive.

I have one additional condition not mentioned in the URL which I will
save until I can test the parallel trendlines you will help me draw.

Ken

PS: In looking around I see that Jeff Cooper has a number of "breakout"
strategies, all with some differences.  So it is probably incorrect to
call the specific thing I am looking for a "pure" Cooper Breakout.