[amibroker] Re: grail-less team (WAS: QQQ Trendline Support again)

It doesn't matter what system you use, Mechanical and/or Technical
analysis or Fundamental analysis or a combination.  Various filters
and stops can often improve the 10 year performance of a mechanical
system though.  The bottomline is it to make money.  If I recall
correctly, of the 17 Market Wizards interviewed in Jack's book, only
2 were using Mechanical systems...

Regards,

Pal
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Yuki Taga <yukitaga@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi Phsst,
>
> Tuesday, October 28, 2003, 2:50:04 AM, you wrote:
>
> P> <[when I write "we", I add you to the great holygrail-less team
> I belong.>>
>
> P> Dimitris,
>
> P> I am honored, not to mention eminently qualified to join this
team. I
> P> think I even have credentials...   :-)
>
> P> I enjoyed working (past tense) for my bread too. Sometimes it was
> P> hard, but more often it was fun.
>
> It's a comment I can easily identify with.  Quite a number of years
> ago when I first starting looking for a mechanical system, and
really
> knew *nothing* about them, I thought I had found something great
> rather quickly, which has probably happened to many of us. I
thought,
> well, this is it; I don't have to do anything now except plug this
in
> and let it trade; my market watching days are basically finished.
>
> I well remember my almost immediate reaction to that "revelation",
> too. Somehow, it was a giant letdown, a sense of almost instant
> boredom, and even serious regret. No longer would I be profiting
from
> my own wits, but from some cold, applied set of market behavior
rules
> that I had happened to chance upon (I hadn't really of course; the
> system turned out to be profitable, but way too volatile for me, and
> probably for most). But for quite a few days I was in kind of a blue
> funk about having "found" a trading system. Fortunately, I hit a
> major drawdown rather quickly with that early attempt at trading a
> system, and life became interesting again. ^^_^^
>
> Yuki

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!