From: DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS [mailto:TSOKAKIS@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2003 6:30 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Organize your WatchLists in Daily basis

Tomasz,
thank you for the simplified example.
BTW, how should I know this "emtpy string means current symbol" ??
I have met this "" in your code for GetCategorySymbols( category,
You write [and I use]

for( i = 0; ( sym = StrExtract( list, i ) ) != ""; i++ )

Does it mean "sym not equal to current symbol" ??
Because, in this looping, current symbol *will be included* in the
search...
What I understood from this !="" was : all symbols [no matter how
many]. Did I miss something in this [important] loop ?
Dimitris Tsokakis

> Dimitris,
>
> No you dont need StrToNum() at all. and you don't need Name()
because "" emtpy string means current symbol.

> Your code therefore can be simplified to:
>
> // Some 4.46.0 applications
> // Remove symbols from WLs
> CategoryRemoveSymbol( "", categoryWatchlist, 30 );
> CategoryRemoveSymbol( "", categoryWatchlist, 31 );
> CategoryRemoveSymbol( "", categoryWatchlist, 32 );
> CategoryRemoveSymbol( "", categoryWatchlist, 33 );
> CategoryRemoveSymbol( "", categoryWatchlist, 34 );
> CategoryRemoveSymbol( "", categoryWatchlist, 35 );
> // Stochastic O/B, O/S criteria
> OVERBOUGHT=LastValue(StochD()>70);
> OVERSOLD=LastValue(StochD()<30);
> WLNumber=IIf(OVERBOUGHT,30,IIf(OVERSOLD,32,31));
> // add symbols to the respective WLs
> CategoryAddSymbol(Name(),categoryWatchlist,WLNumber);
> // Adv, Dec criteria
> Adv=LastValue( C>Ref(C,-1) );
> Dec=LastValue( C<Ref(C,-1) );
> WLNumber1=IIf(Adv,33,IIf(Dec,35,34));
> CategoryAddSymbol(Name(),categoryWatchlist,WLNumber1);
> Filter=1;
> AddColumn(C,"C");
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

to automatically organize your WatchLists.
>   Example:
>   Select some Watchlists not in use, say WL30, WL31, WL32 to be the
stochastic O/B, CONGESTIVE, O/S respectively and
>   WL33, WL34, WL35 to be the ADVISSUES, UNCISSUES and DECISSUES
respectively.
>   Right after the new EODs download,  Explore all stocks, n=1 last
quotations with

>   // Some 4.46.0 applications
>   // Remove symbols from WLs
>   CategoryRemoveSymbol( Name(), categoryWatchlist, 30 );
>   CategoryRemoveSymbol( Name(), categoryWatchlist, 31 );
>   CategoryRemoveSymbol( Name(), categoryWatchlist, 32 );
>   CategoryRemoveSymbol( Name(), categoryWatchlist, 33 );
>   CategoryRemoveSymbol( Name(), categoryWatchlist, 34 );
>   CategoryRemoveSymbol( Name(), categoryWatchlist, 35 );
>   // Stochastic O/B, O/S criteria
>   OVERBOUGHT=StochD()>70;
>   OVERSOLD=StochD()<30;
>   WLNumber=IIf(OVERBOUGHT,30,IIf(OVERSOLD,32,31));
>   z=StrToNum(NumToStr(WLNumber));
>   // add symbols to the respective WLs
>   CategoryAddSymbol(Name(),categoryWatchlist,z);
>   // Adv, Dec criteria
>   Adv=C>Ref(C,-1);
>   Dec=C<Ref(C,-1);
>   WLNumber1=IIf(Adv,33,IIf(Dec,35,34));
>   z1=StrToNum(NumToStr(WLNumber1));
>   CategoryAddSymbol(Name(),categoryWatchlist,z1);
>   Filter=1;
>   AddColumn(C,"C");
>
>   then hit View->RefreshAll and all above  WatchLists will be
automatically updated for further use.
>   Through Symbol->Categories->WatchLists->EditName you may name the
respective WatchLists.
>   You may create now your own organization with various conditions.
>   Note1: the new function CategoryAddSymbol( symbol, category,
number ) does not accept a variable inrut for "number", but the
>   StrToNum(NumToStr(variable)) will overcome this obstacle.
>   Dimitris Tsokakis
>
>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>

>   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>   Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx