RE: [amibroker] Price Window

Ed: you are not doing anything wrong, you are still learning...

You do not overlay an indicator on the standard price window.  Rather
you plot the price in the same indicator code so they then are in the
same pane.  If the values are widely different it will not be very
readable, so one or the other variable being plotted needs to have
"styleOwnScale" included in the plot statement.

Again, if you have the Price default set to line chart and you wish to
open a window with candlesticks in it, you have to plot price in the
Indicator Builder and tell it to plot candlesticks.  Look up Graphs in
the help file for all details on plotting.

I just reopened Metastock after not having used it since Mar, 2002 (I
wanted to see Three Line Break charts and did not know that these can be
produced in Amibroker).  Anyway, the Metastock interface and features
are much harder to use IMHO, and I say that not just because I have been
using Amibroker all this time, but because AB is so much more flexible.
About the only thing that MS does that AB does not do yet is "dragging
indicators around", which is not that big a deal.

Good luck, ask some more if this has not been enough.

Ken