[amibroker] Re: solving the prediction problem

Dimitris,

Thanks for reminding me.  Sorry, I was frustrated that I was not able
to get my point across even after explaining several times.  It is
very possible that one can learn trading in a very short time,  and
very definitely in 30 years, but to really learn trading, to master
every move the market makes, that is beyond just learning, that is
being able to be a teacher to others.  If I am wrong, I will learn (I
am the student in this case) and if I am right and others are wrong I
hope others will learn.  Yuki could very well be a better trader than
me and I could learn a lot from her.  I therefore appologize to
Yuki.

Statistics as such is meaningless.  One can come out with statistics
to disprove anything...

Regards,

Pal
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
wrote:
> Pal,
> are you the same person who wrote
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/50373
> or you use some kind of automatic word proccessor ?
> Really wondering...
> Dimitris Tsokakis
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "palsanand" <palsanand@xxxx>
wrote:
> > Yuki,
> >
> > When you have really learned to trade, you perhaps will
understand
> > how a mechanical system works.  It is really sad that you haven't
> > learned even after 30 years.  I can't teach you.  I give up.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Pal
> >
> > > I didn't really expect that it would work alone.  But what you
are
> > > describing does not sound to me like a mechanical system,
either,
> > > which is what most here are attempting to code I think.  When
you
> > > talk about "experience" above, it sounds to me like you are
> talking
> > > about a non-mechanical way of judging exactly where to enter a
> > > market. Moreover, suggesting that you can knowingly enter on
the
> > high
> > > or low, is just plain nonsense to me.  If you trade long enough
> you
> > > *have* to get it right sometimes, just on chance.  But anyone
who
> > has
> > > traded real money for any length of time knows that this is
> simply
> > > pipe dream.  Sorry, but I have traded for nearly 30 years now,
> and
> > > know pipe dreams when I hear them.
> > >
> > > Finally, anything that is used by "thousands" of floor traders
> > would
> > > soon be worthless, as the market would immediately begin to
> > discount
> > > the activity of the system until the system was a sure loser.
No

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511