RE: [amibroker] size of an array in AFL?

<SPAN
class=845121912-25102003>thanks william, that's what I'll do
then.
<SPAN
class=845121912-25102003>
<SPAN
class=845121912-25102003>dave
<SPAN
class=845121912-25102003>
<BLOCKQUOTE

  I don't believe the AFL has a
  function that returns the number of elements in an array.
  If you are constructing your
  own arrays as opposed to using the stock arrays I would simply maintain the
  element count within a variable.
  As stated in the first post
  when you refer to elements in the stock arrays the first bar is 0 and the last
  bar is Barcount -1 (these arrays are zero based).

  Regards,William Peters<A
  href="">www.amitools.com
  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Dave Merrill
  [mailto:dmerrill@xxxxxxx]Sent: October 25, 2003 1:02
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
  size of an array in AFL?
  <SPAN
  class=299235307-25102003>in most languages, it's possible to find out the size
  of an array directly, by examining some property of the array itself or
  applying some function to it, without having to know how it was created. some
  examples are:
  <SPAN
  class=299235307-25102003>
  <SPAN
  class=299235307-25102003>    array.length
  <SPAN
  class=299235307-25102003>    array.size
  <SPAN
  class=299235307-25102003>
  SizeOfArray(array)
  <SPAN
  class=299235307-25102003>
  <SPAN
  class=299235307-25102003>is that possible in AFL? if not, it can be worked
  around since we do in general know how every array was created, but it's less
  elegant and less self contained.
  <SPAN
  class=299235307-25102003>
  <SPAN
  class=299235307-25102003>dave
  <SPAN
  class=299235307-25102003>
  <BLOCKQUOTE
  >I'm
    not sure how to answer this because it depends on which array you are
    refering too.Are you refering to a stock data array of some
    description? If so you could use the Barcount constant which will return the
    number of bars in the array. Remember it's zero based so the last bar is
    refered to as: Barcount - 1Regards,William
    Peterswww.amitools.com-----Original
    Message-----From: Dave Merrill
    [mailto:dmerrill@xxxxxxx]sorry for the dumb question, but what's
    the syntax for getting the size(number of elements) in an array? I want
    to do something like this, onlythat
    works:      for(i=1; i<=array.length;
    i++) {thanks,daveSend BUG
  REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to