RE: [amibroker] Re: AMA vs EMA, malfunctioning brain

<SPAN
class=993201508-25102003>thanks, I know about that. I just didn't want my
auto-optimization stuff to have to depend on that, especially since tj said an
AFL equivalent exists.
<SPAN
class=993201508-25102003>
<SPAN
class=993201508-25102003>any other responses from anyone?
tj?
<SPAN
class=993201508-25102003>
<SPAN
class=993201508-25102003>dave
<SPAN
class=993201508-25102003>
<BLOCKQUOTE
>dave
  if you want an EMA with varperiod download indicators.dll and use
  scEMA(array, varperiod)stephanewrote:> I need a poke in the
  head...> > I wanted a version of the MACD histogram that can
  take arrays for its three> parameters. I used the array-capable
  version of EMA provided by tomasz, but> I'm not getting the same
  results as with the native EMA function, even with> static numbers
  as parameters. (I said I was doing this to use arrays, but> since
  even static numbers don't work right, I used them here for>
  simplicity.) oddly enough, the results are the same using tomasz's EMAx
  the> first two times, but using it the third time causes a difference.
  that's the> one marked with '<<< HERE <<<'
  below.> > what's wrong with this picture?> >
  here's the code:> > -----------------> function
  EMAx(array, period) { // use for EMA when period is an array>
        return AMA(array, 2 / (period + 1));>
  }> > function MACDHistogram() {>
        if(using_arrays) {>
              m = EMAx(c, 12)