  >From:
  Dave Merrill

  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 4:30
  PM
  Subject: RE: [amibroker] IB Broker /
  Dynamic MA crossover

  <SPAN
  class=234322420-22102003>all AB's MA functions except EMA can take an
  array of values as their period parameters, not just a single period value.
  dynamic period EMA can be arrived at using AMA, like this code tomasz provided
  recently:
  <SPAN
  class=234322420-22102003>
  <SPAN
  class=234322420-22102003>    EMAx = AMA(array, 2 / (period
  + 1));
  <SPAN
  class=234322420-22102003>
  <SPAN
  class=234322420-22102003>as far as the design of a profitable adaptive MA
  system goes, I haven't built and don't know of any myself, but you could check
  the AFL library.
  <SPAN
  class=234322420-22102003>
  <SPAN
  class=234322420-22102003>dave
  <BLOCKQUOTE

    My question is this; are there any systems that
    have been coded for AB that use a dynamic MA cross that input slope
    angle and/or acceleration? Can it be coded, (and/or is it even
    practical? I'm sure I've overlooked something obvious with that kind of
    system.)

    Thanks.

    ColinSend
  group FAQ at: <A