RE: [amibroker] Re: relative strength ranking

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Thomas,
You
are comparing ones RS to the others..I am not sure why you would need them to be
in scale??
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
InterpretationComparative Relative
Strength compares a security's price change with that of a "base" security. When
the Comparative Relative Strength indicator is moving up, it shows that the
security is performing better than the base security. When the indicator is
moving sideways, it shows that both securities are performing the same (i.e.,
rising and falling by the same percentages). When the indicator is moving down,
it shows that the security is performing worse than the base security (i.e., not
rising as fast or falling faster).Comparative Relative Strength is often
used to compare a security's performance with a market index. It is also useful
in developing spreads (i.e., buy the best performer and short the weaker
issue).Maybe I do not understand
what you are trying to do...

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: thomasfroo
[mailto:thomasfroo@xxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 9:16
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
relative strenght rankingA trouble I have with
relstrength() is that i dont realy understand how i can compare the values
between assests is there a way to get them in a scale that can be used for
direct comparition?--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson"
<jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:> Thomas,> you could use the
relsrength() function, explore your database in AA then> simply click
the heading to sort in the appropriate order. If you are> looking for
code that does the sort for you Dimitris posted some examples> over
the last couple of weeks with a heading of "One-step top10
exploration> ". You could take a look in the yahoo archives>
From: thomasfroo [mailto:thomasfroo@xxxx]> Sent: Tuesday, October 21,
2003 8:05 AM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [amibroker]
relative strenght ranking> > > I would like to do a ranking
of how all stocks in amibroker> performed to a certain index and then
rank them with numbers from 0-> 100 where 100 is the best performing
percent. Do anyone know if this> is possible in amibroker or can
point me to some afl files that do> similar things?> > best
whishes> thomas> > >
>       Yahoo! Groups
Sponsor>
ADVERTISEMENT> > > > > Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.