[amibroker] Grapefruit was NOT mechanical systems ...

As I said BEFORE you responded ... We've done this dance before.

Please don't bother responding to my posts if you are going to
continue to answer questions that weren't asked.  Better ? Yes of
course.  I have better then useless and meaningless which is what 14
months of results are worth.  I have no objection if you want to post
stuff like this, just not on the back end of my posts where your
response is totally unrelated to the topic.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
wrote:
> Fred,
> as far as I know, the day of the week is Tuesday [European
> calendar].Nice day...
> Grapefruits are bitter, I donīt like them.
> As for the mechanical trading systems [mechanical in *concept* and
> execution] you have, perhaps a better alternative than a +500% for
14
> months.
> This will make your grapefruits sweeter, at least I hope so.
> Whenever you decide to become serious again [I am sure you are] we
> may talk about it.
> Your concept re: 3 years before, 3 years after etc in not a unique
> criterion to check [and follow, perhaps] a trading system.
> [and never was in the past].
> You may keep this provocative style, if it makes you happy, but,
> there are some people who use mechanical systems and, of course,
> nobody is obliged to expose [with the appropriate respect] to Mr.
> Fred his techniques and methods, just because Fred is provocative.
> We are here to "to help the Amibroker users to share the ideas,
tips
> and other related information" as you may read at
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/
> Well, I think System xII gives some valuable hints about the
rhythms
> of this market in an innovative approach. The results are
interesting
> and it is, perhaps, a good point to start a further research.
> It would help the readers if we were discussing methods, codes,
> techniques instead of spending our time to useless comments.
> I would appreciate your opinion for this System xII, until I find
the
> time to write and post its better version
> Dimitris Tsokakis
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <fctonetti@xxxx> wrote:
> > DT,

> > If it was then I'll have to remember that answers like
grapefruit
> > are valid responses to questions like what day of the week is it.
> >
> > Your six hours are up ... Next contestant please.
> >
> > Fred
> >
> > > Dimitris,
> > >
> > > I have always wanted the answer ... I've yet to see one
> > >
> > > The question has ALWAYS been the same ...
> > >
> > > Let's see the equity curve of some system you like with the
> > > appropriate stats from 2-3 years before to 2-3 years after the
> > > relatively recent top.  I've posted mine, several times.  I'm
> still
> > > trading the same system(s).
> > >
> > > Fred
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS"
> <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > The mechanical concept:
> > > Begin with the new year 2002.
> > > Buy with the first significant trough [Feb22, 2002], sell with
> the
> > > first significant peak [March8, 2002].
> > > Then buy every X days, Sell every Y days, X<Y
> > > The trial period needs 5-6 trades in 5-6 months until the
> buy/sell
> > > signal occur on the same bar.
> > > This is the end of the trial period and , if the results are
> good,
> > > you may begin the real trades.
> > > Select the top5 and trade them up to the next buy/sell
> coincidence
> > > [12 to 18 months]
> > > The application:
> > > X=26, Y=24 filled the above requirements.
> > > The first buy/sell coincidence [trial cycle] occurred on Aug28,
> > 2002.
> > > The top5 was ERICY, MNST, NVDA, SANM and VRSN.
> > > The system will come to an end at the next [13th] Buy signal
[25
> > bars
> > > later]
> > > The real trading cycle is 286 bars, if it is to be repeated.
> > > [In the mean time, the system xIII has began from Jan2, 2003
and
> so
> > > on...]
> > > As for the results, backtest the above database from 29/8/2002
up
> > > now ans see...
> > > The code is simple
> > > // System xII
> > > STARTBUY=DateNum()==1020222;
> > > STARTSELL=DateNum()==1020308;
> > > X=26;Y=24;
> > > Buy=BarsSince(STARTBuy)%X==0;
> > > Sell=BarsSince(STARTSell)%Y==0;
> > > Short=Sell;Cover=Buy;
> > > Settings:buy/sell/short/cover at +1 open, commission 0.25% [of
> > course
> > > you may use delay0, since you know in advance the buy/sell
dates]
> > > For the described period the performance exceeded the +500%
> > > [If I was following without any hesitation from the beginning,
> > > would see 4digits, but the trial period was necessary]
> > > [The next system xIII will use the Inspection Points theory
> [...]
And
> > > more
> > didn't
> > from