RE: Objective functions (was RE: [amibroker] Re: Optimization -- again)

<SPAN
class=432174721-19102003>well yes, you're right, the same stuff is always
happening. prices go up, prices go down, and they always have.

<SPAN
class=432174721-19102003>
<SPAN
class=432174721-19102003>but that's not useful info to trade on. what we care
about is trends of some kind that can be predicted/hoped to continue or reverse
in some particular time frame. that's knowledge we can profit from.
<SPAN
class=432174721-19102003>and those trends come and go constantly, on every time
scale. these shorter-term moves are what we trade.
<SPAN
class=432174721-19102003>
<SPAN
class=432174721-19102003>here's my question I guess: if I only see behavior that
never changes over the longest possible time frame, what do I see that I can
use?
<SPAN
class=432174721-19102003>
<SPAN
class=432174721-19102003>dave
<BLOCKQUOTE
>There
  are a lot of questions and provacative statements in your post, only one
  of which from my perspective needs an answer/response.Market behavior
  will continually change after that ...  Change ? from what ? into
  what ? I guess this is the part I don't follow.  To me there is
  nothing new in market behavior now that didn't exist last month, last
  year, last decade, last century, but clearly those that take a short
  sighted view of history and the market action that made up that history
  will clearly never see it.  It's a forest and trees thing ...