RE: [amibroker] SetBarsRequired doesn't prevent trades before then?

thanks, the code is similar to what I did.

I had read the guide, but hadn't understood it to mean that it only affected
indicators, as in chart lines, as opposed to calculated numerics of any
kind.

anyway, thanks for clearing it up.

dave

> It is quite easy then. Just filter buy/short signals this way:
>
> OkToTrade = BarIndex() > 300; // start trading when there are 300
> bars available
>
> Buy = .. your rule
> Short = ... your rule
>
> Buy = OkToTrade AND Buy;
> Short = OkToTrade AND Short;
>

> As for SetBarsRequired: as written in the guide: it is relevant
> to INDICATOR formulas
> that use either 3rd party DLLs or parts in script when QuickAFL
> is enabled.
> What is QuickAFL is described in the User's Guide, just do search
> for QuickAFL.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com