From: "Ken Close" <<A
href=""><FONT
size=2>closeks@xxxxxxxx<FONT
size=2>>
To: <<A
href=""><FONT
size=2>amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
size=2>>
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 4:56
PM
Subject: RE: [amibroker] Fib
projections

Joe:  yes, you are entirely correct....sorry I missed the
distinction.> I made this point to Tomasz back before there was a fib
tool.  Dragging> the entire structure seems to do the same thing,
however, and I am not> sure which is more tedious, dragging or clicking a
third point.  Seems> pretty moot to me.  That said, however, I
think the best projection is> that programmed into Advanced Get.>
Maywood [mailto:jmaywood@xxxxxxxxxxx] > Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003
4:04 PM> To: Ken Close> Subject: Re: [amibroker] Fib
projections> > Hello Ken,> > Friday, October 17,
2003, 2:16:55 PM, you wrote:> > KC> The fib drawing tool can be
configured to show fib extensions as> well as> KC>
retracements. Draw a fib retracement as per the help file between>
two> KC> points.  Position your cursor over some part of the fib
lines and> the> KC> cursor will turn into a 4 arrow
cursor.  Double click to open the> KC> settings box.  Click
on the tab labeled Fibonacci and you will be> able> KC> to set
extension ratios, such as 127.2, 161.8, 268.8 etc.  There is>
a> KC> check box labeled "Show extensions" that must be checked to
see> these.> > KC> Hope this helps.> >
Ken,> > Actually a fib projection is different than a fib
extension which is> what you are describing. An extension is a > 1.0
retracement from the> same two points that you would use for a standard
retracement.> A projection, on the other hand, requires 3 points, two for
the distance> being projected and a third to position the start of the
projection.> > While this can be done, by doing a "reverse"
retracement and dragging> the whole fib structure to the appropriate
starting position (making> sure you don't have snap to price on) its very
tedious.> > I mentioned this, amongst similar enhancements, to
Tomasz a while back> and really didn't get any firm commitment. There are
a number of drawing> tools like this that would really benefit us
discretionary traders, but> the system traders in the group, by far, have
the loudest voice...> > - Joe> > > >
> Send BUG REPORTS to <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Send
SUGGESTIONS to <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
group FAQ at:> <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html<FONT
size=2> > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to>
<FONT
size=2>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/<FONT
size=2> > > > > > ------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->> Buy Ink Cartridges or
Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark> Printer at MyInks.com.
Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.>
<FONT
size=2>http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511<FONT
size=2>> <A
href=""><FONT