Re: [amibroker] Uadjusted Yahoo Data - Any news?

Hi Tomasz,

Friday, October 17, 2003, 2:41:59 AM, you wrote:

TJ> You can use Symbol->Split menu in AmiBroker to adjust your data.

You sure can, but 1) according to the docs this is irreversible once
done, so be careful, and 2) not all those huge gaps are splits.  You
can find places like www.hotquotes.com where you can *fairly* easily
research the splits.  However, (my dear Tomasz) we need a tweak on
the Database Purify tool, IMHO.  What is needed is a way to flag a
particular "split" identified by the tool as *NOT* a split, and have
that flag stick.  Unfortunately, the tool, while apparently finding
all the splits, also finds a lot of non splits as well.  And they
never go away, so you can never run this and get a clean score.
Always, you will have literally dozens if not hundreds of flags in
the Database Purify output suggesting splits that, according to the
research record, never actually happened.  Could be that some of
those are just erroneous research data too, but the site mentioned
above seems awfully thorough about this.

Best,

Yuki

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping