  >From:
  <A title=steve2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">Steve Almond
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">Ami
  Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 11:46
  AM
  Subject: [amibroker] Pad & Align All
  Data

  Since moving some backtests from Fred's PT over to the new
  rotational mode of AB backtester, I've noticed some alarming
  differences.
  The readme file for recent AB betas notes that Padding is
  optional in AB (but always takes place in PT). What surprised me was the
  enormous difference in results I get by turning padding on/off.

  In one test padding off gives CAR/MaxDD of
  1.76

  Same test padding on gives CAR/MaxDD of
  4.95

  Can someone explain just what the 'padding' option
  does?

  SteveSend
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.