Re: [amibroker] Re: AmiBroker 4.44.1 BETA released

From: "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS" <TSOKAKIS@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2003 11:41 AM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: AmiBroker 4.44.1 BETA released

> >   This allows Equity() to work well with SetForeign.
> >   Example:
> >   // your rules
> >   buy = ...
> >   sel = ...
> >   SetForeign("MSFT", True, True );
> >   e = Equity(); // backtest on MSFT
> >   RestorePriceArrays( True ); // <- should match parameter used in
> SetForeign
>
> It works just fine !!
> Many thanks for the fast upgrade.
> I think now I will choose, at the Inspection Points, not only the
> highest individual Equity but also the top5 stocks ...
> BTW, the two lines
> global buy;
> global sell;
> are still needed when SetForeign(sym, True, True ); is used and sym
> belongs to a Group/WL
> Dimitris Tsokakis

Yes
global buy;
global sell;

should be used inside function because by default variables declared first
in functions are local, so if buy/sell variables are not declared anywhere
above your function definition they would be treated as local to the
function - therefore not visible to 'equity' call.
The variable visibility rules are described in AFL Language Reference guide.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com

Rent DVDs from home.