Re: [amibroker] back test versus porfolio back test

I must be doing something wrong here, but I cannot discover what it
is.

Same formula, one that limits position size (no compounding).  All
quotations.

Running the old back tester produces 335 trades (it produces 335
trades no matter how much additional equity I put in settings, so it
must never be running out of equity). Running the new back tester
produces about 7 fewer. Okay, it must be not enough equity in there
for all the positions on a very few days. So I bump up the equity
quite a bit. Now 332 trades. Okay, I bump it up some more. Now 334
trades. One last bump: 336(!) trades.  Then I double it from the yen
equivalent of 500,000 to 1,000,000 dollars.  Now 337 trades. <argh>

So close to the same . . . but not the same.  I have no idea what I
am doing wrong.

Yuki

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511