[amibroker] Re: partial results - full results gets truncated

My original question, buried deep down in that thread Pal pointed to, was this -

Do we have any heavy hitters on this list who've written systems showing  _consistent_ 100+%
return systems using AB? Anyone interested in results of such a quick survey?

And no, not expecting code. Just curious to know what kind of systems have people written, what
they trade, etc., and more especially do the systems work in real life?

Jitu

PS: Since my last post, I was able to come up with a decent short strategy that flows well with my
long strategy. Results are attached. Couple of dips in my equity plot that I don't seem to be able
to shake off successfully (without sacrifising the performance elsewhere). Results are from
1/1/2000 to 9/30/2003, trading stocks only, both long and short.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van den Bergen" <psytek@xxxx> wrote:
> Thank you, read your post... have you looked at e-Minis?
>
> herman

http://shopping.yahoo.com
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/JYdFFC/XP.FAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM

Title: AmiBroker Portfolio Test Report

Portfolio Test statistics
Attention: this is an early beta version of the new
backtester released for TESTING ONLY. It may include bugs, inaccuracies and
other problems. Use at your own risk. Report bugs to <A
href="">bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    All trades
    Long trades
    Short trades

    Initial capital
    100000.00
    100000.00
    100000.00

    Ending capital
    1232078.43
    770221.02
    561857.40

    Net Profit
    1132078.43
    670221.02
    461857.40

    Net Profit %
    1132.08 %
    670.22 %
    461.86 %

    <TH
    title="Market exposure of the trading system calculated on bar by bar basis. Sum of bar exposures divided by number of bars. Single bar exposure is the value of open positions divided by portfolio equity.">Exposure
      %
    94.97 %
    101.63 %
    48.45 %

    Net Risk Adjusted Return
    %
    1192.04 %
    659.48 %
    953.17 %

    Annual Return %
    95.43 %
    72.41 %
    58.49 %

    Risk Adjusted Return
%
    100.49 %
    71.25 %
    120.72 %

    All trades
    661
    443 (67.02 %)
    218 (32.98 %)

    <TH
      title="(Profit of winners + Loss of losers)/(number of trades)"> Avg.
      Profit/Loss
    1712.68
    1512.91
    2118.61

    <TH
      title="(% Profit of winners + % Loss of losers)/(number of trades)"> Avg.
      Profit/Loss %
    2.15 %
    1.32 %
    3.83 %

     Avg. Bars Held
    7.93
    6.76
    10.29

    Winners
    400 (60.51 %)
    237 (35.85 %)
    163 (24.66 %)

     Total Profit
    2365620.28
    1513036.20
    852584.08

     Avg. Profit
    5914.05
    6384.12
    5230.58

     Avg.
      Profit %
    7.65 %
    7.54 %
    7.80 %

     Avg. Bars Held
    8.01
    7.27
    9.09

     Max. Consecutive
    29
    13
    30

     Largest win
    37020.59
    37020.59
    21043.58

     # bars in largest win
    5
    5
    24

    Losers
    261 (39.49 %)
    206 (31.16 %)
    55 (8.32 %)

     Total Loss
    -1233541.85
    -842815.17
    -390726.68

     Avg. Loss
    -4726.21
    -4091.34
    -7104.12

     Avg. Loss
    %
    -6.29 %
    -5.85 %
    -7.93 %

     Avg. Bars Held
    7.80
    6.18
    13.85

     Max. Consecutive
    14
    14
    6

     Largest loss
    -48256.20
    -48256.20
    -28527.13

     # bars in largest loss
    7
    7
    15

    <TH
    title="The largest peak to valley decline experienced in any single trade">Max.
      trade drawdown
    -40159.79
    -40159.79
    -22751.69

    <TH
    title="The largest peak to valley percentage decline experienced in any single trade">Max.
      trade % drawdown
    -44.21 %
    -44.21 %
    -37.98 %

    <TH
    title="The largest peak to valley decline experienced in portfolio equity">Max.
      system drawdown
    -199906.68
    -145226.05
    -119900.66

    <TH
    title="The largest peak to valley percentage decline experienced in portfolio equity">Max.
      system % drawdown
    -35.47 %
    -61.82 %
    -28.23 %

    Recovery Factor
    5.66
    4.62
    3.85

    <TH
      title="Compound Annual % Return divided by Max. system % drawdown">CAR/MaxDD
    2.69
    1.17
    2.07

    <TH
      title="Risk Adjusted Return divided by Max. system % drawdown">RAR/MaxDD
    2.83
    1.15
    4.28

    Profit Factor
    1.92
    1.80
    2.18

    Payoff Ratio
    1.25
    1.56
    0.74

    <TH
    title="Standard error measures chopiness of equity line. The lower the better.">Standard
      Error
    89934.44
    99999.11
    58090.88

    <TH
    title="Measure of the relation between the risk inherent in a trading the system compared to its potential gain. Higher is better. Calculated as slope of equity line (expected annual return) divided by its standard error. ">Risk-Reward
      Ratio
    3.06
    1.13
    2.79

    <TH
    title="Square root of sum of squared drawdowns divided by number of bars">Ulcer
    11.86
    26.55
    10.26

    Ulcer
      Performance Index
    7.59
    2.52
    5.18

    <TH
    title="Measure of risk adjusted return of investment. Above 1.0 is good, more than 2.0 is excellent.">Sharpe
      Ratio of trades
    1.22
    0.75
    2.08