[investment] Re: [amibroker] Re: Coding Question

Steve,
I think Equity() does not accept variable From/To in
Equity(0,3,d1,d2)
I´m not sure for this.
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Almond" <steve2@xxxx> wrote:
> Tomasz,
>
> The problem was that I could never QUITE get the expected result
using the formulae in PT. (and hence I don't yet want to 'translate'
this to Rotational trading in AB).
> One of the problems is that I don't know how to specify (using
AB/AA, not PT) a 250 day backtest completed on (say) 9/15/2001. (a
250 day backtest ending today is obvious, but not ending at some
previous date)
> Can you help with this?
> I can then do some manual checks on the PT code before moving it
over to AB Rotational.

> Thanks,
>
> Steve

application to mine is beyond me.
>     When I asked this question over on the PT board some time ago,
Bruce, Fred & Chuck came up with the following (for use in PT):

<steve2@xxxx> wrote:
>       > I want to backtest a system (regular backtest, not
rotational)
>       which has the following two parts:
>       >
>       > 1. A simple market timing signal - let's say:
>       >
>       >    RUT = Foreign("^RUT", "C");
>       >     UpTrend = EMA(RUT, 4) > EMA(RUT, 11);
>       >
>       > 2. A scoring system. I want the scoring system to be based
on
>       the 'performance' of the same market timing system.  Say on
>       12/31/1997 the market timing signal indicates a buy
condition. I run
>       a simple backtest of 1 year duration on the 100 stocks in the
>       Nasdaq100, like so:
>       >
>       >     RUT = Foreign("^RUT", "C");
>       >     UpTrend = EMA(RUT, 4) > EMA(RUT, 11);
>       >     buy=Uptrend;
>       >     sell=NOT uptrend;
>       >
>       > I pick the 5 best performing stocks (say highest CAR) and
use them
>       going forward into 1998, until the market timing signal gives
a sell
>       indication, when I sell the 5 stocks. At the next market
timing buy
>       signal, I again pick the top 5 performers (using the simple
backtest)
>       over the past year. etc. etc.
>       >
>       > It seems like some sort of feedback system.
>       >
>       > Is it possible?
>       >
>       > Steve