  >From:
  <A title=steve2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">Steve Almond
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 10:37
  AM
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: Coding
  Question

  Dimitris,

  Thanks for the suggestion, but the skill needed to adapt
  your application to mine is beyond me.
  When I asked this question over on the PT board some time
  ago, Bruce, Fred & Chuck came up with the following (for use in
  PT):

  For Market Timing

  RUT = Foreign(<FONT
  color=#ff00ff>"^RUT", "C");
  UpTrend = EMA(RUT, <FONT
  color=#ff00ff>4) > EMA(RUT, <FONT
  color=#ff00ff>11);

  For Scoring
  Factor1 = IIf(UpTrend, C /
  Ref(C, -1), <FONT
  color=#ff00ff>1);
  Factor2 = IIf(<FONT
  color=#0000ff>IsEmpty(Factor1), 1,
  Factor1);
  STARTEQ = 1000;
  Product = exp(<FONT
  color=#0000ff>Cum(log(Factor2))) *
  STARTEQ;
  Score = Product / Ref(Product,
  -250);
  rScore = IIf(<FONT
  color=#0000ff>IsEmpty(Score),0,<FONT
  color=#0000ff>IIf(Uptrend,Score,<FONT
  color=#ff00ff>0));

  Does this give any clue for running a similar system under
  AB's new backtester?

  Thanks,
  Steve

  <BLOCKQUOTE