[amibroker] Re: More Random thoughts.....

Delay0 results look at today's close, but also enter the trade on today's close, because that's
the closest approximation (right now, temporarily) I can make to trade on Open tomorrow. Delay1,
on the other hand, trades on tomorrow's Close. The results actually are pretty similar in both
(poor man's approximation of slippage, until it becomes available in PT mode).

I haven't been able to come up with a good short strategy based on similar logic that I'm using
here (which is based on looking at all 3 forces that drive a stock - market, industry and the
stock itself). As a result, the exposure is in 50% to 60% range. The test was run for 1/1/2001 to
9/30/2003.

Now I'm gonna run this with PTrader to make sure it also shows similar results, just as a sanity
check.

Jitu

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <fctonetti@xxxx> wrote:

> LOL ... uhhh okay ...

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "palsanand" <palsanand@xxxx> wrote:
> I tried to post the results but the file came out truncated...
With
> FOREX you can certainly get 100:1 levarage... You have to use
> techniques like pyramiding to counter drawdowns...
>
> Regards,
>
> Pal
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <fctonetti@xxxx> wrote:
> > I'm quite familiar with the math, the metrics and the terms
thanks.

> > Assuming for a minute that you can get 100:1 leverage with
> futures,
> > which for most contracts you can't, but for the moment assuming
you
> > can, let's see then, a 1% DD and you're toast, a 2% DD and you're
> > house is toast as well.
> >
> > I wish you the best of luck in your adventures.
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "palsanand" <palsanand@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I don't have results for 5 or 6 years. I can produce results
for
> > > only 1 month when the simulated account expires and I need to
> open
> > > new simulated account every month.
> > >
> > > These results occur because of holding massive margined
positions
> > > under leverages of 100:1 (FOREX and Futures) and solid money-
> > > management techniques.... certainly not for the faint-
hearted...
> > > Fortune favors the brave...
> > >
> > > By keeping one's funds 100% invested at all times, it is very
> > > possible to achieve returns of 5000% or higher. If a $25 stock
> > moves
> > > $1, that's a gain of about 4%. 5 stocks, that is a gain of
20%.
> > It
> > > doesn't matter which direction it moves as long you are willing
> > go
> > > long as well as go short...
> > >
> > > Let me interject a quick comment on leverage. If you are
trading
> > on
> > > Margin with your broker, you can trade twice your account
> balance.
> > > That is, if you have $100,000 in your account you can actually
> take
> > > $200,000 in positions in the market. So, a 10% gain in a fully
> > > margined account is like 20% in a non-margined account.
> > >
> > > The trick is to stay invested at all times and make CONSISTENT
> > > gains. We need to clear only 10% if we are trading on margin.
> > Every
> > > day a host of stocks make moves of 5%, 10% or more. 1 and 2%
> > movers
> > > are everywhere...
> > >
> > > I would be happy to post the results at the end of this
month....

> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Pal

> or
> > 6
> day.
> > > If
> > out
> > with
Then
> > of
> > payment

<palsanand@xxxx>

> > > mangement
> and

> > > etc.,
> and
> > > then
> Sometimes
> > > you
> > > stops
> can
> > > do
> > my

> > > software.
> > back-
> > about
> > > 1
> > > hell

> > > second
> right!

> how/what
> > > kind
> using
> > > AB?
> > of

> following,
> > it :-

> > but
> up
> one

I'm
> > sure

> wrong
> > tank

> downmove
> > in
> > according

> > > second
> right!

> > > <palsanand@xxxx>

SIGNALS...

> > > END....
> > > TIME
> EVERY
> > > DAMN

http://shopping.yahoo.com
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511

Title: AmiBroker Portfolio Test Report

Portfolio Test statistics
Attention: this is an early beta version of the new
backtester released for TESTING ONLY. It may include bugs, inaccuracies and
other problems. Use at your own risk. Report bugs to <A
href="">bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    All trades
    Long trades
    Short trades

    Initial capital
    100000.00
    100000.00
    100000.00

    Ending capital
    283817.11
    283817.11
    100000.00

    Net Profit
    183817.11
    183817.11
    0.00

    Net Profit %
    183.82 %
    183.82 %
    0.00 %

    <TH
    title="Market exposure of the trading system calculated on bar by bar basis. Sum of bar exposures divided by number of bars. Single bar exposure is the value of open positions divided by portfolio equity.">Exposure
      %
    57.86 %
    57.86 %
    0.00 %

    Net Risk Adjusted Return
    %
    317.72 %
    317.72 %
    -1.#J %

    Annual Return %
    46.17 %
    46.17 %
    0.00 %

    Risk Adjusted Return
%
    79.81 %
    79.81 %
    -1.#J %

    All trades
    358
    358 (100.00 %)
    0 (0.00 %)

    <TH
      title="(Profit of winners + Loss of losers)/(number of trades)"> Avg.
      Profit/Loss
    513.46
    513.46
    -1.#J

    <TH
      title="(% Profit of winners + % Loss of losers)/(number of trades)"> Avg.
      Profit/Loss %
    3.23 %
    3.23 %
    -1.#J %

     Avg. Bars Held
    12.77
    12.77
    -1.#J

    Winners
    237 (66.20 %)
    237 (66.20 %)
    0 (0.00 %)

     Total Profit
    306048.30
    306048.30
    0.00

     Avg. Profit
    1291.34
    1291.34
    -1.#J

     Avg.
      Profit %
    8.54 %
    8.54 %
    -1.#J %

     Avg. Bars Held
    11.84
    11.84
    -1.#J

     Max. Consecutive
    50
    50
    0

     Largest win
    6013.92
    6013.92
    0.00

     # bars in largest win
    22
    22
    0

    Losers
    121 (33.80 %)
    121 (33.80 %)
    0 (0.00 %)

     Total Loss
    -122231.19
    -122231.19
    0.00

     Avg. Loss
    -1010.18
    -1010.18
    -1.#J

     Avg. Loss
    %
    -7.19 %
    -7.19 %
    -1.#J %

     Avg. Bars Held
    14.61
    14.61
    -1.#J

     Max. Consecutive
    10
    10
    0

     Largest loss
    -7827.20
    -7827.20
    0.00

     # bars in largest loss
    18
    18
    0

    <TH
    title="The largest peak to valley decline experienced in any single trade">Max.
      trade drawdown
    -9680.00
    -9680.00
    0.00

    <TH
    title="The largest peak to valley percentage decline experienced in any single trade">Max.
      trade % drawdown
    -62.24 %
    -62.24 %
    0.00 %

    <TH
    title="The largest peak to valley decline experienced in portfolio equity">Max.
      system drawdown
    -28434.95
    -28434.95
    0.00

    <TH
    title="The largest peak to valley percentage decline experienced in portfolio equity">Max.
      system % drawdown
    -19.41 %
    -19.41 %
    0.00 %

    Recovery Factor
    6.46
    6.46
    -1.#J

    <TH
      title="Compound Annual % Return divided by Max. system % drawdown">CAR/MaxDD
    2.38
    2.38
    -1.#J

    <TH
      title="Risk Adjusted Return divided by Max. system % drawdown">RAR/MaxDD
    4.11
    4.11
    -1.#J

    Profit Factor
    2.50
    2.50
    1.#R

    Payoff Ratio
    1.28
    1.28
    1.#R

    <TH
    title="Standard error measures chopiness of equity line. The lower the better.">Standard
      Error
    25492.78
    25492.78
    0.00

    <TH
    title="Measure of the relation between the risk inherent in a trading the system compared to its potential gain. Higher is better. Calculated as slope of equity line (expected annual return) divided by its standard error. ">Risk-Reward
      Ratio
    1.80
    1.80
    -1.#J

    <TH
    title="Square root of sum of squared drawdowns divided by number of bars">Ulcer
    7.86
    7.86
    0.00

    Ulcer
      Performance Index
    5.19
    5.19
    -1.#J

    <TH
    title="Measure of risk adjusted return of investment. Above 1.0 is good, more than 2.0 is excellent.">Sharpe
      Ratio of trades
    1.28
    1.28
    0.00

    K-Ratio
    1.43
    1.43
    -1.#J
Title: AmiBroker Portfolio Test Report

Portfolio Test statistics
Attention: this is an early beta version of the new
backtester released for TESTING ONLY. It may include bugs, inaccuracies and
other problems. Use at your own risk. Report bugs to <A
href="">bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    All trades
    Long trades
    Short trades

    Initial capital
    100000.00
    100000.00
    100000.00

    Ending capital
    309507.77
    309507.77
    100000.00

    Net Profit
    209507.77
    209507.77
    0.00

    Net Profit %
    209.51 %
    209.51 %
    0.00 %

    <TH
    title="Market exposure of the trading system calculated on bar by bar basis. Sum of bar exposures divided by number of bars. Single bar exposure is the value of open positions divided by portfolio equity.">Exposure
      %
    58.15 %
    58.15 %
    0.00 %

    Net Risk Adjusted Return
    %
    360.28 %
    360.28 %
    -1.#J %

    Annual Return %
    50.85 %
    50.85 %
    0.00 %

    Risk Adjusted Return
%
    87.45 %
    87.45 %
    -1.#J %

    All trades
    339
    339 (100.00 %)
    0 (0.00 %)

    <TH
      title="(Profit of winners + Loss of losers)/(number of trades)"> Avg.
      Profit/Loss
    618.02
    618.02
    -1.#J

    <TH
      title="(% Profit of winners + % Loss of losers)/(number of trades)"> Avg.
      Profit/Loss %
    3.68 %
    3.68 %
    -1.#J %

     Avg. Bars Held
    13.41
    13.41
    -1.#J

    Winners
    231 (68.14 %)
    231 (68.14 %)
    0 (0.00 %)

     Total Profit
    325301.51
    325301.51
    0.00

     Avg. Profit
    1408.23
    1408.23
    -1.#J

     Avg.
      Profit %
    8.93 %
    8.93 %
    -1.#J %

     Avg. Bars Held
    13.17
    13.17
    -1.#J

     Max. Consecutive
    26
    26
    0

     Largest win
    7134.30
    7134.30
    0.00

     # bars in largest win
    8
    8
    0

    Losers
    108 (31.86 %)
    108 (31.86 %)
    0 (0.00 %)

     Total Loss
    -115793.74
    -115793.74
    0.00

     Avg. Loss
    -1072.16
    -1072.16
    -1.#J

     Avg. Loss
    %
    -7.57 %
    -7.57 %
    -1.#J %

     Avg. Bars Held
    13.92
    13.92
    -1.#J

     Max. Consecutive
    16
    16
    0

     Largest loss
    -8930.24
    -8930.24
    0.00

     # bars in largest loss
    17
    17
    0

    <TH
    title="The largest peak to valley decline experienced in any single trade">Max.
      trade drawdown
    -10426.64
    -10426.64
    0.00

    <TH
    title="The largest peak to valley percentage decline experienced in any single trade">Max.
      trade % drawdown
    -62.26 %
    -62.26 %
    0.00 %

    <TH
    title="The largest peak to valley decline experienced in portfolio equity">Max.
      system drawdown
    -24104.05
    -24104.05
    0.00

    <TH
    title="The largest peak to valley percentage decline experienced in portfolio equity">Max.
      system % drawdown
    -19.76 %
    -19.76 %
    0.00 %

    Recovery Factor
    8.69
    8.69
    -1.#J

    <TH
      title="Compound Annual % Return divided by Max. system % drawdown">CAR/MaxDD
    2.57
    2.57
    -1.#J

    <TH
      title="Risk Adjusted Return divided by Max. system % drawdown">RAR/MaxDD
    4.43
    4.43
    -1.#J

    Profit Factor
    2.81
    2.81
    1.#R

    Payoff Ratio
    1.31
    1.31
    1.#R

    <TH
    title="Standard error measures chopiness of equity line. The lower the better.">Standard
      Error
    29871.31
    29871.31
    0.00

    <TH
    title="Measure of the relation between the risk inherent in a trading the system compared to its potential gain. Higher is better. Calculated as slope of equity line (expected annual return) divided by its standard error. ">Risk-Reward
      Ratio
    1.87
    1.87
    -1.#J

    <TH
    title="Square root of sum of squared drawdowns divided by number of bars">Ulcer
    8.21
    8.21
    0.00

    Ulcer
      Performance Index
    5.54
    5.54
    -1.#J

    <TH
    title="Measure of risk adjusted return of investment. Above 1.0 is good, more than 2.0 is excellent.">Sharpe
      Ratio of trades
    1.34
    1.34
    0.00