[amibroker] When not to replace (was Setting a RANK number )

Yes, I prefer to test without any stops.

Later I can add stops in to see if they help. Often they do not. But
one can still use them and give up a bit of profit for some peace of
mind.

Also I am testing some systems should NOT replace any stock that is
stopped out. For example, if one is buying the most beaten down
stocks just as the market starts to turn up, one does definitely
does not want to buy a beaten down stock half way up a long up
trend.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Merrill" <dmerrill@xxxx>
wrote:
> agreed, these new developments are really really really great
stuff (:-)

> b, the way your system works, do I gather that it's desirable (or
at least
> ok) to hold *all* positions until the global trend ends? that's
what score
> 999999 does, as I understand it. IOW, *nothing* will exit as long
as *any*
> stock has that score. do I have that right? and that's what you
want?

> dave
>   The planned ability to use "rank to choose which position to
enter"
>   is ideal. It is just what I am looking for.
>
>   Up till now I have been using the ranking score system in Fred's
PT

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511