[amibroker] Off Topic: Suggestions for a RT data interfaces for Excel wanted

Hello august body of computer literate traders,

This is a bit off topic, but I find my daily trading opportunities
using Excel as a market scanner; In the evening, I use Amibroker to
calculate several price targets for tomorrow; when a stock crosses
those price targets, that is a trigger to consider a trade. My goal
is to get real time or 20 minute delayed price and volume data for
5000 stocks in Excel in 5 minutes.

I think you can see the power of this technique. I am looking at what
is moving in market today instead of preselecting a watchlist of
stocks based on yesterday's price movement.

Another benefit of having the market in a spreadsheet is that market
breadth indicator are very easy to calculate.

My question revolves around getting 20 minute delayed or RT price
into Excel from a data service.

I've tried several products I found using google on the web.

The fastest product I've found to get data into Excel is from
www.esquotes.com; it drawback is that it only uses Yahoo quotes.
Also, emails to the developer bounced. But it is fast enough for my
purposes and it works for now. It will populate a spreadsheet of 5000
stocks with price and volume data in about 5 minutes. (You have  to
write a loop to fetch 300 symbols at a time to get this performance.)

A second product I tried is from www.quotein.com. It works with a
variety of servers, free and fee based RT, but it is SLOW. (As with
esquotes, I used a looping technique to fetch 100-500 tickers at a
time).

Another product is  www.analyzerxl.com. I did not investigate this
product very thoroughly because inputing a large watchlist is
clumbersome.

So does anyone know of other fast stock interfaces for Excel? I don't
want to cut and paste a .csv file in to Excel. I want the price data
in an Excel spreadsheet cell. I think the MSFT buzzwords for this
type of software function are DDE and RTD; the only thing I know
about DDE and RTD right now is how to spell them.

Regards,

downhillspeedster

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511