[amibroker] Re: Dimitris - Channel ID

It is "simple", if it is allowed anymore to use this word !!
The Price trendlines are build [and depended] on local peaks/troughs,
many times not that representative.
The convex/concave principle gives a quasi-sinusoidal around the main
price chart, more expressive IMO.
The sinusoidal trendlines [not straight lines perhaps, it is not
necessary...] would give a more reliable reply to your request.
It is simple, but it needs some more work...
Dimitris Tsokakis

<TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > If we speak for automatic channel recognition, you may see
> > http://www.amibroker.com/library/detail.php?id=105
> > and find out
> > +ascending channel "a ll"
> > +descending channel "d ll"
> > +almost horizontal channel "ll"
> > among the others.
> > Of course you will not have an automatic "parallel" channel
everyday,
> > it is rather hard to have similar slopes.
> > Now, if an automatic parallel channel is N/A, you may define a
> > parallel channel if you
> > *preserve the automatic support and draw a parallel resistance
from a
> > High point
> > *preserve the automatic resistance and draw a parallel support
from a
> > Low point
> > I find quite reasonable to draw the artificial parallel from the
> > HighestBetween/LowestBetween point.
> > The support will be automatic [defined by the two yellow Lows]
and
> > the resistance will be the [orange] parallel
> > drawn from the HighestBetween [orange] point.[this will be the
first
> > alternative]
> > The resistance will be automatic [defined by the two yellow
Highs]

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511