Re: [amibroker] Re: portfolio trading - poor man's scoring

Hello,

It makes actually no sense in doing this that way because it will NOT lead
to correct results.

AGAIN: if you have regular buy/sell/short/cover rules
you must NOT use ranking system. Use 'regular mode' of backtester instead.
Just add positionsize variable to your code and do NOT add positionrank.

Ranking/scoring works OK if you assign  SCORE to positionScore
variable and it should give some DIFFERENT values for each security
so ranking is possible. Otherwise (if all scores are the same as in your
code) ranking makes NO SENSE. If all scores are the same securities
are ranked according to positionsize and then alphabetical order.

Using ranking mode that way is WRONG and is highly discouraged.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com